How You Can Help
Care Packages for the Troops
- Donate funds so we can buy items for the boxes and also to pay for the postage for each box, (currently almost $20 per box)
- Donate items that we can include in the boxes. See list here.
- Collect items for our care packages at your place of work. We can provide boxes and lists of the items that we will send.
- Do a care package event at your organization or group that we will help coordinate. Your volunteers will bring items from the list, write cards and letters to include and make the boxes that we will mail to the troops. We will help you organize and be there to help with the event.
- Volunteer at one of our holiday packing events.
- Knit warm winter scarves for our troops. The following links will provide instructions for making cooling scarves, knit helmet liners, and knit or crochet scarves.
- You or your group can write cards and letters that we will include in our boxes.
Our Veteran Program
- Our program is based on giving the veterans Target cards ( $25 or $50 denominations preferably) . These will allow the veterans to shop for the things they need, including food. You can donate the cards themselves, or the money for us to buy the cards. It is all so appreciated!
- New gifts of toys, warm clothing and non perishable food items are also wonderful.
Questions about ways to help? About arranging a pickup or drop off of your donated items? Or about setting up or helping at a packing event? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .